Nominate Best Movies of 2010

November 1, 2010

Singularity


Singularity was a fun game. I'm not real great at writing reviews for games so this is just what I think about the game; so don't blame me if you buy the game and don't like it. To me Singularity seemed a mix between Bioshock and Fear. Bioshock because you're using your hand as well as weapons to kill creatures. Fear because in the beginning radiated people (read synopsis here) start jumping up out of nowhere and won't die when you want them to. I think this game was completely under advertised which was why it didn't generate as many players as it should. There two things that bugged me a little when I was playing:

1. If you shot at a Russian soldier with a sniper, anywhere on their body, an arm, leg, or head will most likely fall off.
2. The slow-mo sphere you are able to throw out seems copied from Timeshift's multiplayer.

Other than those things the game was a little challenging on normal. This was mostly because if you didn't know what to do with the powers and tools you are given it was challenging. I was satisfied with the weaponry and the feel of the guns. The guns in this game weren't too realistic but they weren't too unrealistic either, giving it a nice feel (not to metion make you look for ammo everywhere you went). I also enjoyed the 3 alternate endings that they allow you to experience without having to restart the game all over again; it eases the player's curiosity of why things happened and what if this or that happened.

Overall I'd have to give this game: 8/10 (I decided this before I saw the Gamespot rating)

Gamespot Rating: 8/10

0 comments: